News and upcoming events
Happy New Year! I’ve got plenty of events, food festivals and tutored tastings lined up already for a busy 2017. Here are my January dates - I hope to see you soon!:
Fri, 13 January - For the first time I’ll be hosting wine tastings at the prestigious Telegraph Travel Show at ExCel in London - there are only 20 places at each so do book. We’ll be sampling ‘Wines from Around the World’ with a diverse selection at each tasting and a good chance to discuss all in a small group. See travelshow.telegraph.co.uk for more details and to book.
Wed, 18 January - Wine matching dinner at The Nobody Inn, Devon. I’ll be at this world-famous pub near my home town to host an evening of fine food and wine. See www.nobodyinn.co.uk
Fri-Sun, 27-29 January - The France Show, Olympia, London, www.thefranceshow.co.uk
I am resident wine expert throughout this major show once more, conducting tastings on the main stage and this year for the first time doing pop-up informal tastings at the stands with the exciting wine exhibitors throughout the show. Find out more from the website and do come along!
Into the year:
* I’m delighted to be on the judging panel for the Fortnum and Mason Food & Drink Awards 2017, for the best in recent writing and broadcasting on food and drink. The shortlist and awards will be announced in the Spring, more details to appear here. www.fortnumandmason.com
* Join me in the beautiful Veneto region of Italy for an exclusive Telegraph Prosecco Festival Tour in June - see https://www.arblasterandclarke.com/product/521/telegraph-tours-prosecco-festival for more details (I’m really, really looking forward to this one…)
* I’ll be at Taste of Grampian food festival in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire, on 3 June to do wine tastings on stage all day alongside top celebrity chefs. See www.tasteofgrampian.co.uk for more details.
* In September I will be joining the lovely Rick Stein to talk wine on his hosted Rhone and Saone tour with the Telegraph - more details to follow very soon.
* With the Telegraph Gin Experience in its third year in London this Summer (dates to follow), Dartmouth Food Festival in October, and plenty of other events still to be unveiled, it is already looking like 2017 will keep me busy! I hope to see you soon in person, and meanwhile you can continue to read my regular weekly/monthly columns in the Sunday Telegraph Stella Magazine and delicious. magazine.
Susy is the author of eleven popular wine and drinks books, and has won both the prestigious Glenfiddich and Lanson awards for her writing. She was co-editor of the Which? Wine Guide for several years and since then, among other books, has edited Wine Made Easy, written Wine Wisdom (Quadrille) and, for fun, penned the humorous but informative Girls' Guide to Wine pocket guide, a best-seller in several countries. Now she is the author of the new, highly acclaimed How to Make Your Own Drinks (Mitchell Beazley/Octopus Books), a recipe book of drinks-making, which follows a year of producing everything from homemade wines, ciders and spirit infusions, to cordials, tisanes and lassis, mainly from foraged and store-cupboard ingredients.